Careers at Jemstep.
As a growing start-up, Jemstep offers opportunities for career growth limited only by each individual's performance, initiative, and passion for the job and Jemstep's mission.
Current opportunities at Jemstep are listed below. But we're always looking for talented and passionate people to join our dynamic team. If you agree that what we're doing is important, and you feel you have what it takes to make a meaningful contribution, feel free to send a brief resume to email@example.com or use the link below.
Right Now, We're Looking for:
At Jemstep, we're driven to help people achieve financial freedom. Our unprecedented investing technology is changing the way people find the best investments for themselves, with a service that helps them achieve their goals faster and confidently take charge of their financial future. In this key position, you'll be part of the continuing development of our groundbreaking online service. If you're a talented web developer who thrives in a fast-growing, "think-ahead" environment that's all about developing world-class web interfaces, this could be the right job for you.
What you'll be doing
This position is contract-based, with the possibility of becoming part-time or full-time. We would prefer someone local who can work onsite at our offices in Los Altos, California, where you'll:
- serve as the go-to front-end developer for maintenance, changes and upgrades of Jemstep's marketing site
- carry our website design across all public-facing and marketing pages
- incorporate and deploy Google analytics tracking and Google Optimizer for A/B and multivariate testing
- code and deploy SEO-friendly pages
- customize and incorporate social media plug-ins such as Twitter feed, Facebook's social graph and "forward to a friend," and others
You'll need these skills and qualities:
- at least two years of web development experience; we'll ask you to demonstrate and discuss your prior development projects
- experience in a dynamic programming language such as groovy, ruby, and PHP (bonus points for JSF)experience building web applications that support an array of web browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Explorer 6, 7, and 8) using the latest web standards and best practices
- knowledge and experience of Google analytics tracking and Google Optimizer
- skills and experience coding and deploying SEO-friendly pages
- skills and experience customizing and incorporating social media plug-ins
- focus, grace, and good humor under pressure
- an appreciation, if not passion, for start-up environments
- an instinct for going the extra mile to do things right
Submit your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org, together with portfolio/websites demonstrating your art skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail. Compensation and benefits will be discussed with suitable candidates in person.